The Gatineau Park Chronicles
The National Capital Commission (NCC), in collaboration with the Friends of Gatineau Park, published two issues of The Gatineau Park Chronicle, with the objective of increasing awareness of the park's history and cultural heritage.
The Ottawa Ski Club Newsletter Archive
Newsletters published by the Ottawa Ski Club, from 1921 to 1974, compiled by Charles Hodgson. The Ottawa Ski Club was formed in 1910 and went bankrupt in 1989. Between those dates Gatineau Park and Camp Fortune came into being.
Finding Traces of the Early Settlers in Pre-Gatineau Park (PDF 5.1MB) and map - (See Newsletter 2019-01)
Presentation by Bill McGee of early settlers (McCloskey, Ryan, Keogan, Fortune, McKinstry, Dunlop and others) from the 1800s — mainly Irish families who settled along Ridge Road (now Trail 1) and who farmed most of the high land between Kingsmere Road and Wolf Trail.
History of the Ottawa Ski Club (PDF 16 MB) by Herbert Marshall
A comprehensive document on its history from the founding in Rockliffe Park in 1910 to its expansion in the Gatineau Park.
The History of Our Old Log House (PDF 8.5 MB) by Chris Gardner
Research by the current owner tracing the history of the Duffy house built in 1871 on the Mountain Road and the Duffy family.
See also Historical Maps of Gatineau Park.